Friday, May 11, 2012

Nerd Alert.

My dad always told me that he didn’t feel productive unless he learned at least one new thing that day. It must be in the genes.

I am 7 classes away from earning my AA but have no desire to take math or science. Lol. Now learning random things like photography, Autism 101, how to podcast, and setting up databases in Access… I’m all over it! Which is why I LOVE www.alison.com. I was sad to learn that I would have to pay for my completion certificates (because being the weirdo I am, I like to have proof that I know stuff…), but the classes are online and completely free! There are hundreds of classes to choose from and you can take as many as you want! I totally recommend their photography class. The guy who teaches in the videos (Karl Taylor) is great at explaining and showing you what he means by demonstrating instead of just talking. And it doesn’t hurt that he has an amazing accent that leaves you hanging on every word…hehe.

So if you are a nerd like me and like to learn new and random things but don’t feel like shelling out hundreds of dollars on credit hours and books, check out www.alison.com. It’s pretty cool stuff!!!

No comments: