Thursday, May 10, 2012

Christmas in May?

For about three weeks now I have been obsessing about Christmas gifts. Christmas? In May? YES… I don’t know what is going on in my crazy head… but I’m glad I will at least have all my gift ideas ready for sure! I am going to try and stick with homemade gifts this year to make them kind of special. Yes I am cheap, and yes I love to craft… but honestly, it’s more about making it personal. With Pintrest and all of the other amazing bloggers willing to share tutorials, I don’t think it will be that hard to do.

So here’s my plan:
1. Make a list of people to make gifts for
2. Next to each name, note a gift category that they fit into (sports, décor, food, etc.)
3. Scout the inter-web for “how-to’s”… for projects in each of the categories
4. Are there any that I want to make that might take a long time? (I want to make vanilla and I know it takes months of letting the flavors infuse… so I will want to start on that soon)
5. What materials or items do I have already for the projects? What materials do I need to purchase? Can I purchase them online? Thru Ebates.com? With a JoAnn’s coupon? Michaels coupon? If I start thinking about this stuff now, I can begin purchasing items on sale a little at a time.

I realize this list will be added to as I go, but for me (lover of all things listy) this is a good start.

No comments: