Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Monster Trucks & Smoke. (pictures to follow)

I had heard all of these ads on the radio for a Mud Bogging and Monster Truck show on Saturday the 19th. I thought "Hey, why not. The kids will LOVE it and I can take some really cool pictures with my camera!"



So Jon and Hannah came home Saturday early afternoon (Oh, Hannah is visiting for the week!!!) and after relaxing for a few hours, we drove out to Show Low.



We left early enough to get some dinner before the 'show' started. We ended up at Native New Yorker. We had pizza and wings that were delicious! AND did you know that you can play interactive games on the tv's from your table?!?!? That was just about the coolest thing that I didn't know about! So we started playing Texas Hold 'Em and no one but Jon could figure it out so Hannah and I decided to switch over to the trivia game instead. David and Josh randomly continued to play Poker and did surprisingly well for not knowing what they were doing.



Then we had some time left so we went to look at tractors. The one that Jon wanted was ONLY $16,000.00. I think I have since talked him into a nice ATV with the tractor attachments instead (for more than 1/2 the price!).



The gates for Thunder Raceway opened at 6pm, so as soon as the clock struck 6 we were off! We got some pretty decent seats on the second row, under the speaker box. I didn't know there were so many inbred people in the White Mountains. Althought we ran into a few people we knew, I would say that at least 50% of the adults there were missing teeth and above 50% were smoking. It was very different than what we are use to.



At the beginning and at intermission (and I'm assuming after the show) they were giving rides on a monster truck (it cost like $20 a person - ouch!) called the "Boogie Monster". It was pretty funny.



Then the 4 main monster trucks came out. The Terminator, Nasty Boy, the McGruff Truck & the Un-named Something (I can't remember the 2nd word of the trucks name). I can't believe how LOUD they were. It was pretty fun, then the mud bogging started... not so fun. lol. It was fun routing for the Joe-Schmoe, but only 2 of the over 30 trucks made it through. Kind of began to see a pattern - lol. We ended up heading out at intermission, as it was already almost 9pm and we still had an hour drive to get back home.

I don't know if I would do the Monster Truck thing again, but it was definately an experience we won't soon forget!

1 comment:

Hannah Claire said...

un-named and un-tamed.

with the thunderdog as side-kick or something.