Wednesday, October 26, 2011

10 Things you (probably) didn’t know about me

10. I am an office supply junkie. My favorite time of year is when school supplies go on sale. I will never run out of lined paper, pens, index cards, crayons, tape or staples. I am low or out of glue sticks, colored pencils, folders, rulers, markers, and thumbtacks.

9. I prefer to shower at night. But I usually shower in the morning because of my difficult hair. A nice hot shower can relax me to the point of sleepiness which doesn’t always come willingly to me. Sleeping with a wet mop under my head just doesn’t do much for me the next morning. Morning showers are quick and don’t really do much to wake me up. Their only positive is that I can then style my hair for the day.

8. I sometimes turn on the Wii and play “Smart Games” when no one is around. I will play as long as I’m winning. When I find something I’m not good at… I move on. LOL. I would do a lot better if my eyes worked better!

7. I type an average of 20,000 kspm using 10-key. I sometimes take free online typing tests just to see how fast I can type. I am a nerd.

6. I am the most frugal person I know. I will try to find a cheaper way even if there is no logical reason to. I want everyone to be like me. I want everyone to cringe when they buy a box of cereal for $4.00. I want everyone to feel the rush of saving money! It makes me excited and makes me want to keep saving more and more and more!!!

5. I have not purchased a pair of shoes in over two years thanks to Martine cleaning out her closet every so often and throwing her never worn Sketchers and Born shoes my way! My share of the shoe budget seems to go to Jon and the boys! They go through shoes like crazy! It doesn’t help that the boys each play sports that require different shoes for each one (wrestling, football, track) so I guess it’s a good thing

4. I have a sewing machine that has been used less than 10 times. I wanted it so bad and when Mom and Dad bought it for me for Christmas years ago, I was SO happy! I have always wanted to learn how to sew. I mean REALLY sew. But, alas, I have not. I will someday… when life settles down… when the kids are grown and I am an old woman. But I will do it! Oh yes, I will do it.

3. I enjoy going treasure hunting at the landfill. I know – it’s sick and wrong – but I love it! It is exhilarating to grab the wire cutters and go find some copper… It makes me feel like Mike and Frank from “American Pickers”. Makes me feel like a gatherer… again, I am a nerd.

2. I bribe my kids to let me take their picture. No really, once it was buying them new outfits but only if they did a photo shoot in the outfit. Many times it has been an ice cold soda. Don’t tell them, but I also secretly take pictures of them when they are doing something cute! He he.

1. Every time I visit Phoenix, I MUST eat at Olive Garden. I will order a side of Alfredo sauce to dip my 25 breadsticks into. I will go back and forth between ordering Alfredo Chicken Pizza and Minestrone Soup with my breadsticks and salad. My name is Brianne, and I am a breadstick addict.

No comments: